- CMAT 2013
- What's New
- MBA Resources
Masters of Business Administration - MBA
Alagappa University, MBA Admission Notification : 2011-2012
Applications are invited for the MBA programme offered in the University Departments for the academic year 2011 - 2012.
Category - A (Admission based on Entrance Test and Group Discussion/Interview marks only)
- M.B.A. (Banking & Insurance)
- M.B.A. (Corporate Secretary ship)
- M.B.A. (International Business & E-Commerce)
Vinod Gupta School of Management -
Online applications are invited for Admission to the Executive MBA
Programme : 2011-12
Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), IIT Kharagpur, invites applications for admission to Executive MBA Programme for the academic year 2011-14. EMBA programme is being offered at Kolkata and Bhubaneswar campuses of IIT Kharagpur as below:
- Kolkata: IIT Kharagpur Salt Lake Centre, HC-Block III, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 106
- Bhubaneswar: IIT Kharagpur Extension Center, Mouza Samantapuri, Behind Swosti Premium (earlier known as Swosti Plaza), Bhubaneswar- 751 013
The executives joining this program must have 3 or more years of experience. Candidates with 1st class Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology or 1st class Masters Degree in Science, Economics or Commerce [with Mathematics or Statistics at bachelor’s level] are eligible. EMBA would have a general management focus suitable for a wide variety of sectors and students may choose courses from a wide range of electives.
- Demand draft of Rupees One Thousand [Rs.1,000 only] favouring “CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur”, payable at Kharagpur.
Christ University - MBA Admissions 2011 (Session II )
Christ University Institute of Management: The programs at Christ University Institute of management are invigorated with dynamic management events, seminars, workshops, case studies. Develop confidence, creativity and equip students with skills and attitudes to take on changing and challenging global business scenario.
IGNOU Invites Application for Admission in MBA in Corporate Governance : 2011
Centre for Corporate Education Training and Consultancy (CCETC), IGNOU, invites applications for admission to MBA in Corporate Governance, 2-year Full Time PG degree Programme, designed and taught by eminent management and corporate governance experts.
Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university (45% for reserved category)
All eligible applicants will be required to appear for a test, group discussion and a personal interview for final selection.
- Application form (hard / soft copy) will be available from: 31st March, 2011
- Last date for receipt of application form: 30th April, 2011
Nirma University MBA (Part Time) Admission : 2011
Nirma University invites applications for admissions to Three-year, Part Time MBA admissions 2011. It is designed specially for working executives and entrepreneurs who aspire to have formal management education to equip them with modern managerial tools and techniques. Six batches of the programme have already graduated. The MBA degree of the University is recognized as equivalent to MBA degree of any other Indian University.
Number of Seats Available : 60
A three-year bachelor's degree (10+2+3) or its equivalent in any discipline from a statutory University. The candidate also should have a minimum of two years of work experience at managerial level (only full-time job).
Application Form: Prospective candidates are required to fill in the application form. To obtain the application form and prospectus, applicants should send a request along with a demand draft for Rs. 1000/- favouring Institute of Management, Nirma University payable at Ahmedabad, addressed to:
Institute of Management
Ahmedabad - 382 481 (Gujarat)
The selection procedure for admission consists of two steps :
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
Last date for receiving the filled-in application form is April 23, 2011.
- Commencement of sale of application form March 15, 2011
- Last date for submitting the form April 23, 2011
- Written Test April 30, 2011
- Personal Interview Second week of May, 2011
- Final Selection Third week of May 2011
- Commencement of the Programme End of June 2011
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
Part Time MBA in International Business Admissions : 2011
With the introduction of a three-year Part Time MBA (International Business) during 2000-01, IIFT added a new dimension to its role in the field of professional education by making available to working executives the Institute’s well established MBA (IB) programme in the evening. This programme is a replica of the day programme, both in terms of entry procedures and course contents. The programme runs over nine trimesters spread over three years. The classes will be held on weekends. (Saturdays – 3.00 pm to 7.30 pm, Sunday – 9.00 am to 6.00 pm.)
Co-Operative Institute of Management And Technology
MBA Admissions 2011
Co-operative Institute of Management And Technology (CIMAT) is located at Monvila, in the outskirts of Thiruvananthapuram city and provides a highly conducive academic environment. Established by Kerala State Co-operative Bank, CIMAT is offering the MBA programme of University of Kerala with the approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) from the academic year 2010. With about 1500 branches of the State and District Cooperative banks, CIMAT has a strong base to mould the students to become valuable resources and thus contribute towards nation building.
FEES AND DEPOSITS:
The fee structure of CIMAT is as below:
- Application fee Rs 100
- Tuition fee Rs 45,000 per semester.
- Other fees
a) Admission Fee (One time) - Rs.300
b) Library Fee (Annual) - Rs.2000
c) University Affiliation fee (Annual) - Rs.2500
d) Examination Fee (Annual) - Rs.1000
e) Caution Deposit - Rs.3000
f) PTA Fund - Rs.2000
g) University Fee - Rs.1000
Bengal Engineering and Science University,
MBA Admissions : 2011-12
School of Management Sciences, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah- 711103, Ph.: 033- 26684561-63 (extn.- 439). Admission: MBA 2011- 2013, (AICTE approved 2 year full time Programme),
- Graduates of any discipline from A.I.U. recognized universities with minimum 55% marks in aggregate,
- Valid score of MAT at 80 percentile or CAT/ XAT/ JMET at 60 percentile.
Prospectus and application forms will be available on payment of Rs.750/- by demand draft in favour of ‘Registrar, BESUS’ payable at Kolkata from 01.03.2011 onwards. – Registrar.
How To Apply:
Completed Applications are to be submitted with the following documents to Bengal Engineering & Science University, Shibpur, Howrah West Bengal - 711103, latest by March 25, 2011.
- Age proof certificate (attested copy)
- Mark sheets and certificates from Madhyamik and equivalent onwards (attested copy)
- MAT/CAT/XAT/JEM Score Card (attested copy)
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (if applicable)
ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior
Admissions For MBA Programme : March 2011
ABV-IIITM Gwalior is a premier Institute set up by Government of India with the objective of imparting quality education and conducting research in the fields of Information Technology and IT-enabled Management. The institute has been ranked 25th in the Outlook-MDRA survey of 2010 of top 50 engineering institutions of the country. The Institute offers 2 years full time MBA Programme. The Institute employs flexible curriculum delivery system that suits both academic and professional development and encourages students to take projects jointly supervised by Institute and Industry, national / international experts.
The salient features of MBA Programme at ABV-IIITM Gwalior:
- Rated as A++ category in the B-School Survey-2010 by Business India
- Well equipped fully residential campus spread over 160 acres of lush green ambience
- Highly qualified and research oriented faculty team from diversified fields.
- Joint mentoring by institute and industry experts
- Curriculum continually enriched in tune with industry needs
- Consistently high placement record.
- The Programme offers true value for money
- Emphasis on development of soft skills and holistic personality.
Candidates must possess first class bachelor degree in any branch of Engineering or Technology or first class master degree in Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Commerce with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at the bachelor level. Students appearing for their final Examination in the academic session 2011 are also eligible to apply but must prove their eligibility latest by 31st August 2011. Relaxation to SC / ST/ OBC / PH candidates is as per GOI norms.
Applicants seeking admission are required to have completed the CAT/JMET for current session. Short listed applicants will be called for Group discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Mere submission of application does not qualify the candidate to be called for GD/PI. The final selection will be on the basis of test score, work experience and performance in GD&PI.
Location for GD/PI: Hyderabad, Kolkata, New Delhi, Lucknow, Bhopal and Gwalior
Department of Commerce and Management
University of Calicut
MBA Admission Notification : 2011-12
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT one of the oldest management institutes in South India, invites applications for its two-year (4 semester) MBA programme at the DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES (DCMS 40 seats, Phone: 0494 2400297), and at five Self Financing centres under the Department : School of Management Studies, Calicut (40 seats at Trident Complex, Near Malabar Chamber of Commerce, Calicut, Phone:0495 2768748), School of Management Studies, Palakkad (40 seats at Management House, Marutharode, Phone: 0491 2571863), School of Management Studies, Thrissur (40 seats at John Mathai Centre, Aranattukara, Phone: 0487 2388477) School of Management Studies, Vatakara (40 seats, Lulu’s Building, Karimbanapalam, Phone:0496 2522299) School of Management Studies, Kuttippuram (40 seats at Deira Tower, Highway Junction Phone: 0494-2607224) for the academic year 2011-12. The MBA Programme at DCMS in the University Campus is under Choice Based Credit Semester System (CCSS) and at SMS, it is under Credit and Semester System (CSS). Applications are also invited for the Part-time MBA (Evening programme - Self Financed - 6 semesters) 30 seats each at Calicut, Palakkad and Thrissur. I
Calicut University, Department Of Commerce And Management Studies, invites applications for admissions to its two-year (4 semester) MBA programme for 2011 session.
A bachelor degree [10+2+3 pattern] in any subject of University of Calicut or that of any other University recognised by University of Calicut with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (including languages). Two years’ work experience is required for MBA evening programme in addition to the other requirements. In the absence of adequate number of applicants with two year’s experience, others would also be considered. OBC and SC/ST students are allowed relaxation as per rules (i.e.5% relaxation for OBC & Other Eligible Communities and a mere pass for SC/ST). Candidates awaiting their degree results may also apply. But they should produce their original degree mark lists before the last date for the registration of their first semester MBA examinations. However, original Plus Two/Pre-degree mark list should be produced for verification at the time of Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
BSE Training Institute - IGNOU, MBA (Financial Markets) Programme Admission : 2011-12
IGNOU in collaboration with Bombay Stock Exchange Training Institute Limited (BTI) offers the best of industry and academia partnership for a one of its kind MBA in Financial Markets. The following are the criteria for admission:
Graduate (10+2+3 or 4) with minimum 50% and 45% for SC/ST candidates from a UGC recognized University.
Valid CAT Scores or BTI - ET* scores for Indian students and GMAT scores for International and Non - Resident Indian students. Selected students will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview which will be preceded by a BTI - ET, which is a selection criterion for the next round.
*BTI - ET will follow a format similar to CAT and GMAT and will be held on 27th March, 2011 in all the major metros. Complete list of test centers are available on the Application Form.
The fee for the program is Rs. 1, 90,000 per year of studies plus service tax as applicable (Presently 10.3%) for students in India and $15, 000 per year of studies plus service tax as applicable (Presently 10.3%) for International and Non- resident Indian students.
For students from India the Prospectus application fees is Rs. 750/-.
1.Application Form can be collected:
• Collect form from
Bombay Stock Exchange Limited(BSE),
BSE Training Institute Limited,
18th floor, P.J.Towers, Dalal Street,
Regional Office Address:
|Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE),
Floor 7, Mercantile House no 15,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
|Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE),
BSE Investor Service Centre,
No. 4, Vijaya Towers, 3rd Floor,
kodambakkam High Road,
|Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE),
BSE Investor Service Centre,
17 R N Mukherjee Road,Kishore Bhavan,
|Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE),
BSE Investor Service Centre,
804 Corporate House, Near Dinesh Hall,
IncomeTax Office., Ashram Road ,
School of Management and Business Studies - Mahatma Gandhi University, MBA Admission : 2011
School of Management and Business Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Applications have been invited by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, from eligible candidates for admission to full time MBA Programme in the following specializations, for the Academic Year 2011-12:
MBA Full Time - 60 Seats.
CREDIT AND SEMESTER SYSTEM: 4 SEMESTERS
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- RURAL MANAGEMENT
- Bachelors Degree in any subject with not less than 50% marks in aggregate in all parts of examination.Or Masters Degree in any subject (A pass in any Bachelor’s Degree for candidates belonging to SC/ST)
- Selection is based on MGU MAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Those candidates who have valid MAT Score (up to February 2011) are exempted from MGU MAT.
- The marks for preparing final ranklist are to be arrived at in the following proportion for MBA course.
- MBA : 60:20:20 (Entrance Test: Group Discussion: Personal Interview)
- Entrance test (2 hours duration) consists of objective type questions to assess the candidate’s ability in Verbal reasoning, Quantitative reasoning, data interpretation, Mathematical Comprehension, English knowledge & Comprehension and general knowledge.
Kottayam, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode.
How to Apply:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the Website www.mgu.ac.in Application forms are not available at any other source.
- Candidates should remit the REGISTRATION fee Rs 500/- ( Five hundred only) at the University CASH COUNTER/ FRIENDS JANASEVANAKENDRAM or by way of D.D drawn in favour of the FINANCE OFFICER, MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY, PAYABLE AT SBT M.G UNIVERSITY CAMPUS BRANCH ( Code No.669), P.D HILLS P.O, KOTTAYAM. Full postal address of the applicant, with pin code is to be entered on the reverse side of the DD in block letters.
- SC/ST candidates need pay only 50% of the registration fee.
- Fee once remitted shall not be refunded.
- University will not be responsible for delay in communication or late receipt of any document due to postal delay.
- The filled up application form should be complete in all respects. Defective and incomplete applications will be rejected.
- A self-addressed stamped (Rs.5/-) envelop is to be attached along with the application.
Where to Submit:
Duly filled up applications along with registration fee ( DD/Pay-in-Slip) and documents should be sent to the DIRECTOR, SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS STUDIES, MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY, PRIYADRASHNI HILLS, ATHRIAMPUZHA P.O, KOTTAYAM-686560. so as to reach on or before 11/4/2011.
Last date of application: 11-4-2011
Recruitment of Management Assistants
( Administration, Accounts, Stores, Public Relations)
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute : 2011
(Advt. No. 4/2011)
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) needs officers and staff of high calibre and potential to generate a transformational institute. They will be taken on direct selection or on deputation basis on the following position.
Name Of Post: Management Assistants (Administration, Accounts, Stores, Public Relations)
- Total Post: 04 (One post reserved for SC candidate, and One post reserved for OBC candidate)
- Maximum Age Limit by March 31, 2011(Years): 26 years
- Pay Band + Grade Pay: PB2 (`9300 - `34800) + GP `4200 + allowances. Total at minimum of scale (approx.) `23,435
- Essential Qualifications: First class Graduate with relevant subjects and minimum of two years experience in administration, accounts, stores management, human resource public relations in a government office or a public body or organisation of high repute.
- Knowledge of government rules with respect to administration, finance, purchase and skills in computer applications, public relations information management.
- For Administration: Post Graduate Diploma or MBA. For Accounts: Graduate with SAS/CA/ICWA or MBA (Finance) or Commerce.
- For Stores: Diploma in Materials Management or MBA.
- For Public Relations: Graduate in communications, Post Graduate in English or MBA.
Skillful management in administration, finance, information, accounts; liaison with scientists, staff, visitors, outside agencies.
How to Apply:
The application should be submitted in the prescribed format available at our
or can be obtained by post from “Administrative Officer, National Agri-
Food Biotechnology Institute, C-127, Phase VIII, Industrial Area, SAS Nagar,
Mohali, Punjab-160071 (India)”. Application completed in all respects, in
the prescribed form accompanied by attested copies of certificates, testimonials
in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. along with
non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- for general and OBC category
candidates (NO application fee for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/PWD
candidates), by means of Demand Draft (issued by State Bank of India only)
valid for at least 6 months, drawn in favour of “National Agri-Food
Biotechnology Institute, Mohali” payable at Phase-1Br., Mohali, should be sent
to the Administrative Officer, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute,
C-127, Phase-VIII, Industrial Area, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab-160071 (India)
super-scribing ‘APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ______________” on the
envelope, so as to reach on or before March 31,
Synopsis-sheet to be submitted by email: In addition to submitting the hard copy of application form, the candidate is also required to fill up his particulars in the synopsis-sheet available on NABI website in MS-WORD or EXCEL format (NOT ON PDF FORMAT), and email to synopsis2011(at)nabi.res.in as attachment. This is MOST-URGENT.
Recruitment of Supervisors (120 Posts) at Ministry of Labour & Employment : 2011
RECRUITMENT OF SUPERVISORS ON CONTRACT BASIS FOR A PERIOD UPTO EIGHT MONTHS IN LABOUR BUREAU, MINISTRY OF LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for Recruitment of 120 posts of Supervisors on contract basis in the Labour Bureau offices at details
- Chandigarh: 70
- Kanpur: 15
- Kolkata: 15
- Ahmedabad: 15 & Chennai: 5
The selected Supervisors will be put on the job of supervision of the field work in large scale sample surveys to be conducted in the rural/urban area of different States/UTs besides attending to the scrutiny of the filled in schedules of data collection at the Headquarters Office at Chandigarh as well as the Regional Offices of Labour Bureau at Kolkata, Kanpur, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Sub-Regional Office, Mumbai.
Indian citizens above the age of 21 years as on 1.2.2011. Reservation in respect of SC/ST/OBC will be applicable as per the Government rules in vogue.
- Candidates holding degree with Statistics/Economics/ Mathematics as one of the subjects or Graduate in Commerce or MBA in any discipline and having fluency in the local language are eligible.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of Data Collection, Socio Economic Surveys, Marketing, Academics, Computer/IT or in any other related discipline under any Government or Private Organisations of repute.
- Knowledge of Computer application is desirable.
Retired Persons from State Government/Govt. of India having experience in the field of Supervision in data collection work who are below 65 years of age and fit to travel can also apply for these posts.
Supervisors will be paid a fixed consolidated salary of Rs. 12000/- per month towards remuneration. Besides consolidated salary, TA/DA would be paid in addition when deputed for field duties.
How to Apply:
The candidates may apply by post (preferably Speed Post) and the completed application in the prescribed format, given below, should reach to the Office of Director General, Labour Bureau, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, SCO 28-31, Sector 17 A , Chandigarh within 10 days of the publication of this Advertisement super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Supervisor in Labour Bureau on contract basis’
Documents to be furnished at the Time of Interview:
The candidates are advised to apply only for one Centre. Multiple applications for different Centres are liable to be summarily rejected. The following documents must be furnished by only those candidates who are called for interview:
- Two copies of the recent passport size photograph
- Documents in favour of SC/ST/OBC if applicable
- Attested copies of the certificates in support of age and qualification
- Attested copies of the ‘Experience Certificate’.
Recruitment of Chief (Finance) at Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) : 2011
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), a statutory body constituted under an Act of Parliament, had earlier invited applications vide circular of even No. dated 14th September, 2010 and 9th December, 2010 for the post of Chief (Finance) to be filled up by deputation on foreign Service terms including short-term contract basis from the employees of Central/ State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies, Universities, Recognized Research Institutions etc. The last date for receipt of applications for the post which was 31st December, 2010 has been extended to 8th March, 2011. However, the candidates who have already submitted their applications in response to the earlier circulars/advertisements need not apply again. The details of the post like scale of pay, required qualifications /qualifying service and experience etc. are given below:-
(No.2/2(3)/2010 -Estt. /CERC)
- Name Of The Post: Chief (Finance)
- Salary: Rs.18400-500- 22,400 (Prerevised) Revised to PB-4 Rs.37400 - 67000 plus Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- per month
- Total Post: 01(One)
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: MBA in Finance or Certified Chartered Accountant or Certified Cost Accountant preferably with Engineering Degree
- Qualifying Service/ Nature Experience:
- Holding analogous posts on regular basis; or
- With 2 years regular service in the scale of Rs.16400-20000(prerevised) or equivalent; or
- With 3 years regular service in the scale of Rs.14300-18300(Prerevised) or equivalent.
The application in prescribed format given in notification duly completed and signed may be forwarded to Assistant Secretary (P&A), Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), 3rd & 4th Floor, Chanderlok Building, 36, Janpath, New Delhi - 110 001 by 8th March, 2011. The applications must be routed through proper channel and application in prescribed format shall only be accepted. The sponsoring authorities are requested to forward the applications of eligible & interested candidates whose services can be spared in the event of their selection. While forwarding applications, attested copies of latest five years Annual Confidential Reports and Vigilance clearance certificate of the candidates concerned may be enclosed.
(MET 2011) Management Entrance Test at Punjab University : 2011
MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE TEST 2011
Panjab University Chandigarh one of the premier Institutions of higher education in India, launched UIAMS at its campus in order to cater to the needs and aspirations of the fast expanding fields of globalized industry and Management Sciences by offering SECTORAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES in specialized areas.
The University will hold Entrance Test on 27th March, 2011 (Sunday) from 10:00 a.m.to 12:00 Noon for admission to following courses for the academic session 2011-2012:
- MBA (Retail Management)
- MBA (Banking & Insurance Mgt.)
- MBA (IT &Telecommunications Mgt.)
- MBA (Infrastructural Management)
- MBA (Pharmaceutical Management)
- MBA (Hospital Management)
Important Dates/Information for Entrance Test for UIAMS:
1.Last dates for receipt of Application Form For Entrance Test.
- Without late fee March 4, 2011 (Friday) (upto 4:00 p.m.)
- With late fee of Rs.1000/- March 11, 2011 (Friday) (upto 4.00 p.m.)
2. Date for Dispatch of Admit Cards: March 16, 2011
3. Date and Day of Test: March 27, 2011 (Sunday)
4. Centre of Examination: Chandigarh Delhi, Ludhiana
5. Time of Examination 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
6. Availability of Prospectus: By Hand (Cash Only for Rs. 1750/-) (In Case of SC/ST candidates, Rs.875/-) at Post Office, Panjab University Sector 14, Chandigarh, Sector-17 Chandigarh, Ludhiana G.P.O. and Delhi G.P.O. or By Post from the Manager, Publication Bureau, PU, Sector-14, Chandigarh by sending a Bank Draft for Rs.1830/- in favour of Registrar Panjab University, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh (In Case of SC/ST candidates, Rs.955/-).
In case form has been downloaded from the Internet, please attach requisite fee of Rs.1750/- (In Case of SC/ST candidates, Rs. 875/-) in the form of a bank draft in favour of Registrar, Panjab University payable at Chandigarh.
How To Apply:
- The prospectus including application form can also be downloaded from the website www.uiams.puchd.ac.in under Notice section. In this case attach requisite fee of Rs.1750/- (Rs.875/- for SC/ST) in the form of a Bank Draft in favour of the Registrar, Panjab University payable at Chandigarh only.
- Last date for receipt of completed application forms at UIAMS Office, 1st Floor, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall, Panjab University, Sector-14 Chandigarh is by March 4, 2011 (Friday) upto 4:00 p.m. without late fee and upto March 11, 2011 (Friday) with late fee of Rs.1000/-
G. B. Pant Social Science Institute, Admission for MBA Rural Development (MBA-RD) Programme : 2011
The G B Pant Social Science Institute is conducting an Admission Test for its two-year full time
MBA Rural Development (MBA RD) Programme. The MBA RD degree is awarded by the Central University of Allahabad. There are 27 courses spread over four semesters. Students acquire knowledge and skills
through an appropriate mix of lectures, field visits, practice and experiential learning. An innovative learnig process has been designed for the course.
ADMISSION TO 11th BATCH - 2011 MBA Rural Development
Minimum qualification for Admission:
The minimum qualification for admission to the MBA (RD) programs shall be graduation from a recognized institution. (Degree Course of at least three years duration with separate annual / semester examination system) from any stream. Students appearing in the final year examination of the undergraduate class shall also be permitted to apply, subject to the condition that they furnish their final graduation pass result not later than the date specified.
The admission to the MBARD courses shall be based on Admission Test comprising Written and Oral Tests. Based on performance in the Written Test, shortlisted candidates shall be required to appear in Oral Test conducted for MBARD programme. The number of shortlisted candidates for the Oral Tests shall be decided by the Admission Committee. All tests shall be conducted only in English medium.
How to Apply:
Download the application form from this website www.gbpssi.nic.in and submit the filled in application with demand draft of
Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500 in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST categories)
in favour of the Director, G B Pant Social Science Institute, payable at Allahabad. Late fee is an additional
Rs. 500/-. Application form could also be obtained through post by sending a self addressed envelope affixed with stamps of Rs. 22/-.
Completed application form be sent to:
The Coordinator (MBARD Admissions)
G B Pant Social Science Institute
Allahabad - 211 019 Uttar Pradesh
School of Petroleum Management (SPM), Admission for MBA Programme : 2011-12
The Admission Committee for MBA Programme shall be responsible for conducting the Management Programme admission procedure for the academic session 2011-2012.
Total number of Seats available for admission: 60
- MBA programme is a two-year full-time residential programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University under School of Petroleum Management (SPM)
- The MBA programme offers an opportunity to students to opt for Energy and/or Infrastructure track. However, a student may chose not to undertake any sector specific study but opt for a concentration in various functional areas of management, like finance, marketing, operations, human resource management etc.
- Each year is divided in three trimesters/terms. The programme also includes eight weeks of compulsory summer training for the students.
- Further details about the programme, curriculum, pedagogy, faculty and other resources are available at http://spm.pdpu.ac.in
- Candidates who have appeared at Common Admission Test (CAT) 2010 conducted by IIMs are eligible to apply.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained bachelor's degree.
- In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the SPM by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
A candidate appearing for the final year examination of bachelor's degree or equivalent can also apply.
- Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that (i) the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks (i.e. all the years’ grade/marks except the final year grade/marks), and (ii) the candidate has completed all the requirements and have appeared for the examinations / practical etc. for the final year/final term and that the results is awaited for obtaining the bachelor's degree/ equivalent qualification.
- Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit such certificate latest on the registration day.
- However, the admission will be confirmed provided that final mark sheet and degree certificate are submitted not later than September 30, 2011 and if the candidate has met the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Non-fulfilment of the above conditions/dates will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Fee Structure (in Rs.) for 2011-13 Batch
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Alumni Membership Fees||3,500||3,500|
|Computer lab Fees||
|Medical Insurance Fees||2,000||2,000||4,000|
|Study Materials Fees||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||36,000|
|Students Activity Fee||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||12,000|
|Availability of Admission Forms on http://spm.pdpu.ac.in||04th October 2010|
|Last date of applying to SPM||3rd March 2011|
|Display of short listed candidates and their schedule for GD/PI||10th March 2011|
|GD/PI for short listed candidates||25th, 26th, 27th
|Display of admission list||4th April 2011|
|Admission formalities, fees collection and enrolment||5th to 15th April 2011|
|Operating waiting list||19th April 2011 onwards|
|Payment of balance charges||6th to 10th June 2011|
|Commencement of the academic session||27th June 2011|
SRDE's Association of Higher Education Institutions (SAHEI)
National Aptitude Test - 2011
SAHEI (SRDE’s Association of Higher Education Institutions) is an Association of Higher Education Institutions. It has been formed to provide services to the member Institutions for facilitating their various activities. It is striving to foster better quality, wider reach and higher knowledge standards among the members. The flagship activity of SAHEI is the National Aptitude Test (NAT). NAT, conducted nation-wide is geared to assess the aptitude of candidates for courses of study in vocational, professional, management and allied areas at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Accordingly, NAT is conducted at two levels: NAT-UG for undergraduate level and NAT-PG for post-graduate level programmes.
NAT is an All India Level Common Entrance Test administered under the aegis of SRDE's Association of Higher Education Institutions( SAHEI), Delhi. The Entrance Test is available for students at the Under Graduate (NAT-UG) and the Post Graduate (NAT-PG) levels for fulfilling the requirements of different Higher Education Institutions on a common platform and thereby enabling access to various Professional, Vocational, Management and Allied programmes like BBA, BCA etc. at the UG and MBA, PGDM etc. at the PG levels in these Institutions.
Delhi School of Management endeavours to enable future managers understand the challenges of the information and knowledge driven tech-savvy work environment and develop their competence and calibre to meet and greet these challenges. It offers right combination of class-room learning, hands-on-experience of the corporate world and exposure to the experience of the industry stalwarts that will equip students of MBA program to place themselves as managers of 21st Century in the globalized economy characterized by innovations, entrepreneurship and speed.
Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarships
Realising that even after 60 years of independence, higher education was not accessible to the deserving poor, Industrialist-turned Philanthropist, Educationist couple Prof.Dr.R.Rangarajan and Dr.Mrs.Sakunthala Rangarajan, introduced VEL TECH MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME in 2009 with the twin objectives of national integration and barrier-free access to affordable higher education, setting apart a sum of Rs.6.5 crores for distribution as scholarships to the meritorious students admitted to the University. The scheme received excellent response across the country. 128 students representing all the States in India received Scholarships ranging from Rs.1 lac to Rs.1.25 lacs each from the Hon’ble Minister of State for Human Resource Development Smt.D.Purandeswari on 5.11.2009. Encouraged by this response, the University has allocated Rs.7 crores for 2010-11 under the same Scheme for B.Tech., M.Tech., and MBA Programmes.
Education is all about creating an environment of academic freedom, where bright minds meet, discover and learn. One would experience top of the world living and learning experience at SRM.
Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology, AVIT
Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology was established in the year 1998 as
an affiliated institution under the University of Madras. Later it was
affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. In 2004, the institution attained the
status of a university under the ambit of Vinayaka Missions University, Salem.
The institution offers under-graduate programmes in 14 different disciplines and
five post-graduate programmes including Master of Computer Applications and
Master of Business Administration.
About DTU: Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of
Engineering) is one of the most well-known engineering institutions of India,
with over 68 years of glorious tradition behind it. A non-affiliating teaching
and research University, DTU aims to cause a major departure from the
conventional system of education and research and aspires to imbibe a culture of
scientific research in its technology disciplines and technology temper in its
scientific research and education by providing a seamless environment for
integration of science and engineering.