- CMAT 2013
- What's New
- MBA Resources
MBA Admissions 2011-2012
The department has been offering MBA programme from the academic session 2008-09
. The programme is built on the foundations of activity based learning model.
Participants in this programme will experience a challenging developmental
process which builds character, competency and confidence; and fosters the
understanding of business with sound judgment. The programme offers an
integrated set of skills from the fundamental functional areas within all
business to the practical methods of analysis and execution of decision making
to gaining strategic perspective and delivering recommendations. The department
offers specialization in four disciplines – Marketing, Finance, Human Resource,
and Small Business & Entrepreneurship Development.
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur, West Bengal, invites applications for admissions to MBA programme to be offered in the ensuing session 2011. The programme has been designed with the expertise of leading management experts of reputed B- Schools of Eastern India, Including Indian Institute of management, Calcutta and corporate world.
JNU was founded 1969 and it is under the membership of the Association of
Indian Universities. But it inculcates the deep understanding of the subjects
and the enhancements in the abilities of observation and analysis. The
University is having the capacity of more than 5500 students and faculty staff
is around 500. The rank of the University is 183 among the top 200 Universities
of the world.The JNU style of education is sheerly different and unique.
JNU Entrance Exam is one of the most tough university exams. The name of the University was after the name of the Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
NU accepts Score in JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test) and CAT (Common Admission Test) for admission. Successful candidates require appearing in Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) for final selection.
Tips for Admissions in B-school And Real IIM GD Topics
IIM Lucknow's post-CAT selection process consists of three parts:
1. Written ability test (of 15 minutes duration)
2. Group discussion (on a given topic for 20 minutes)
3. Personal interview
Last year, the process began with the written ability test, which is typically an essay-writing exercise. Over the past three years, the topics for this test have been one line abstract topics and the time allotted for this is 15 minutes.
Evaluation of the essay is done on the parameters of perspective and communication. This is followed by a group discussion on the same topic. The maximum time allotted for the GD is 20 minutes.
GD topics for CAT 2008
* He who knows how to be poor knows everything
* Habit and routine have an unbelievable power to waste and destroy
* A fool can ask more questions in an hour than a wise man can answer in seven years
* You have to break a few eggs to make an omellette
* When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail
* If you want peace, prepare for war
* Patience is a bitter plant but it bears sweet fruit
* Cursing the weather is bad farming
* It is better to be born lucky than rich
* Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement
* If you are not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem
* Rules are made to be broken
GD topics for CAT 2007
* Business and Ethics do not go together
* Performance enhancing drugs should be legalised in sports
* The test of a successful man is not an ability to eliminate the problem before it exists, but to meet and resolve it whenever it arises
* Good economics is bad politics
* A successful man is not one who has ability to eliminate problems before they occur, but who can face the difficulties as they arise and solve them
* Good things always arise from good thinking
* A successful man is one who plans for the problems and avoids them and not one who faces problems as they come and solves them
* Faith is to believe what you do not yet see, reward for faith is to see what you believe
* Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
* When you find that you are on the side of majority, it is time to reform
* Science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind
* Morality is the creation of the weak to deter and limit the strong
* Winning is what matters, whatever may be the cost
* Education is a progressive way of discovering your ignorance
* Great spirits face violent opposition from mediocre minds
* Helping hands are better than praying lips
* Necessity is the mother of all invention
* Thinking about the worst prepares you for the worst
* A closed mouth catches no flies
* You don't have to be different to be good; but you have to be good to be different
* If you give a man a fish, he eats it once. You teach a man to fish, you lose a business opportunity
* A man with words and no deeds is like a garden full of weeds
* For an idea to be accepted it has to be advertised by a good salesman
* Law is the creation of the strong to rule the weak
* Happiness is a mystery like religion, and it should not be rationalised
* Hope for ill gains is the beginning of loss
* Education is what remains after one forgets what one has learnt in school
GD topics for CAT 2006
Group Discussion : IIM Indore and FMS Delhi GD/PI 2003
Group Discussion : IIM Kozhikode GD/PI 2003
Paper clipping on Shiv Sena creating a problem on Valentine’s Day. Discuss the image.
Paper clipping on management of plastic waste. Discuss the image.
Group Discussion : IIM Lucknow GD/PI 2003
Group Discussion : IIM Calcutta GD/PI 2003
Group Discussion : IIM Bangalore GD/PI 2003
Interview : IIM-I gdpi experience by Karan
A big thanks to Karan Maroo to post his interview experience in his blog.
X (CBSE) - 91.6%
XII (CBSE) - 91.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech CSE (IIIT Hyd)
Interview: GD-PI IIM Lucknow
Interview: GD-PI IIM Kozhikode
Interview: GD-PI IIM Indore
Interview: GD-PI IIM Bangalore and Calcutta
Result : CAT 2008 IIM GD/PI shortlists
Tips : Tips for the Preparation of Great Group Discussion
Join Munna Bhai MBA Group
This group shall be a platform for providing the MBA students with valuable suggestions from fellow ICFAIans. In this group, we wish to help every student of ICFAI by sharing papers and valuable tips. Come ABOARD and share ur knowledge with the fellow students. To join this group click on the link given below.
(Notification) Post Graduate Programme in Management 2008-2010 GD/ Interviews: Asian School of Business (ASB)
Post Graduate Programme in Management 2008-2010 GD/ Interviews: Asian School of Business (ASB)
|An Overview of Group Discussion|
|Key GD tips|
Let's go on to how GD is initiated and summarized.