1. The MIT students calculated my speed to be around 1046 km/sec, bout 3000
times the speed of light. The total load weight involved in my transfer is
321000 tonnes. 214000 living organisms of the same species are involved in my
transfer. I have 918 million destinations to reach in 31 hours across 24 time
zones visiting 822.6 destinations per second. Who or what am I?
Ans.: Santa Claus
1. Who were the models for the campaign for safe sex initiated by Johnny
condoms, the adline being ‘Appearances can be deceptive. Use Johnny condoms’.
Ans.: Prince Charles and Lady Diana
2. What instrument was originally invented as a torture device to pull out
Ans.: The Screwdriver
3. Many objects in India are trademarked with the ISI stamp. What is
trademarked ISI No.1?
Ans.: The National Flag
4. ‘There is no God and Mohammed is the Prophet of God’ Where would you find
Ans.: On the Saudi Arabian National Flag
5. 50 colonials and members of the committee of correspondence met at the
home of a printer named Benjamin Edes at but 4 P.M. on Dec. 16, 1773. Later
that evening they drank from a massive punch bowl of rum concoction which
Peter, Edes’ son kept filled. After that they left to do what?
Ans.: They attended the Boston Tea Party
6. A New York stock broker Bill W on a business trip to Akron met Doctor Bob
in a pub on Jun 10, 1935 and discussed the horrible brawls they had in pubs.
They decided they should do something sand about it. What id they do the next
Ans.: Founded Alcoholics Anonymous
7. A total of 321,360 persons viewed his body as it lay in state at
Westminster Hall for 3 days. Crowds stood 5 to 10 hours in bitter cold to see
the procession to St. Paul’s Cathedral for the first ever state funeral accorded
to a commoner in 50 years. Who?
Ans.: Winston Churchill
8. On Aug 9, 1945 the US Army Air Force HQ radio station received a message
from a 25 year old major in the force. It said ‘What have we done’? Who sent the
message and why?
Ans.: Paul Tibbeths who bombed Hiroshima
9. The result of an experiment at MIT went - ‘Specimen X had a specific
gravity of 1.00 Specimen Y had a specific gravity of 1.06. Specific gravity of
XLY. Hence QED’. What did the experiment prove?
Ans.: That Blood is thicker than Water
10. The Texas theatre was featuring a B grade war movie ‘War is Hell’
starring Tony Russell. A man ducked into the theatre without paying the
admission and drew attention from the staff. He was arrested for this. who?
Ans.: Lee Harvey Oswald
11. The novel begins in 1648 and tells the story of Carl Emannuel Madruzzo
who is the Archbishop of Trent and Prince of Trentino and of his mistress of 20
years Claudia Particella whose father is the Archbishop’s closest friend and
counsellor. The peasants and priests hate Claudia and want them banished. They
feel that this would make Madruzzo a better man but Madruzzo is hell bent on
marrying Claudia. Name the novel or author.?
Ans.: Mussolini - 'Cardinal's Mistress'
12. His main foe was sexual passion. He tried various methods of restraint.
He devised various methods, the most used amongst them being the ‘earth
treatment’. Consisting of application of clear earth moistened with cold water
and spread on fine linen on the abdomen and at bedtime and removed it in the
day, supposed to be a radical care. Who devised this method?
Ans.: Mahatma Gandhi
13. What was begun on 19th June, 1969 in a flat by 6 like-minded people in
Ans.: The Shiv Sena
14. The SB company is marketing the Bengali version of Paul Robson’s ‘We are
in the same boat brother’. Who has rendered this version?
Ans.: Saurav Ganguly
15. The Andhra Bank is the only bank in the country licensed to sell food
Ans.: It sells Tirupati Laddoos
16. What connects Calcutta, San Fransisco, tennis courts and Apache Indian?
17. How does the popular pharmaceutical brand Disprin get its name?
Ans.: Dissolvable Aspirin hence Dispirin
18. Built in 1920 by Count Zborowski on his estate near Canterbury ,England,
she had a pre 1914 war chain drive, 75 horsepower, Mercedes chassis which was
installed with a 6 cylinder Maybach Aero engine, same type as used in Zeppelins.
She had a gray steel body with an immense polished hood 8 ft in length and
weighed over 5 tons. In 1921 she won the 100 mph ghost handicap at Brooklands
and again in 1922, the Lightning Ghost handicap. But in that year she met with